I have many hobbies, the main one being knitting.
I had a professional career and was super busy with that, then I had a baby. Like many other women I found that the childcare costs wiped out the benefits of my salary, and the stress of juggling it all was just too much.
I left my job and decided to try to find a way to make a bit of extra money at home.
I started with an ebay business. I sold allsorts, some things that I made myself (hair clips mostly) and shoes and socks that I bought from a wholesaler.
It went ok, didn't make much profit, but felt some pride in having started a business.
I wasn't knitting to sell then, but stumbled across a pattern for a lovely quick to knit hat for my baby daughter. I bought enough wool for two of them, and put the spare one on ebay. It sold, made a few quid. Tried another, the same.
Well, it sort of grew, and now there are many branches of my business.
I have decided to blog about it, in the aim of helping of others to turn their hobbies into a profit. Because what could be more enjoyable than doing your hobby as a job?
Thanks for being here, I hope you will find some of my posts of use.
Comments
Post a Comment
Comments always welcome!